What RPE is and why you should care about it Hi, it’s Eric Helms here. Andy helped me create The Muscle and Strength Pyramid books and I’m happy to have this opportunity to talk about something I studied for my PhD and is close to my heart – Rating Perceived…
You don’t need to spend your life in the gym to achieve a great physique.
But you need to train in a manner that will give you the right adaptive stimulus if you’re going to get the desired result.
Don’t guess at this. These guides will teach you how to select a program, customize it to minimize injury risk, and keep yourself progressing.
FREE TRAINING PROGRAMS
- 🤷🏻♂️ How to Choose the Best Strength Training Program
- 🏋🏻♂️ Powerlifting Program (for Beginners)
- 🏋🏼♂️ Beginner Bodybuilding Program
- 🏋🏽♂️ Intermediate Powerlifting Program
- 🏋🏾♂️ Intermediate Bodybuilding Program
- 🏋🏿♂️ The Big 3 Workout [For Barbell Beginners]
- 🏋️ Three Day Split RPT [Abbreviated Routine]
HOW TO TRAIN WITH GOOD FORM
- 🏋🏻♂️ How to Low Bar Squat
- 🏋🏽♂️ How to Bench Press
- 🏋🏿♂️ How to Deadlift Properly
- 🏠 How to Adapt Your Training Program For Home Training
HOW TO PROGRESS (AND OTHER THEORY)
- The 5 Training Principles That Matter
- A Guide to Exercise Selection
- Linear Progression and Linear Periodization Rules
- What is Realistic Progress When Cutting?
- A Guide to Using RPE in Your Training
ADVANCED TRAINING ARTICLES
- How to Make a Workout Plan for Strength Training in 6 Steps
- How to Address Weak Points in Your Lifts
- How to Break Training Plateaus
- How Stress Affects Your Program and Progress
↓ BROWSE ALL ↓
It is absolutely possible to gain strength while cutting. However, in this article, I argue that focusing on strength alone can lead to poor training decisions, I explain why true progress becomes increasingly difficult the leaner we get, and I give guidelines on what to expect. Dieting, cutting, shredding the…
In bodybuilding, middle deltoid development is important to make you appear wider and tapered. Due to this, I often see emphasis placed on lateral raise variations and hear the concern that without their inclusion, delt development will lack. While I don’t dispute the importance of lateral raises (you will even…
Everyone starts their journey by taking a pre-built training program and trying it out. I made my first program choice after a three-minute perusal of my local supermarket’s magazine rack. That month’s copy of Men’s Health advertised a program promising 10 pounds of gains in 6 weeks, which was exactly…
A caloric deficit doesn’t have to come entirely from the diet, and you probably guessed that adding some cardiovascular work to expend more energy rather than restricting your energy intake alone, could also be useful. A simple way to estimate energy expenditure during cardio requires you to determine a rating…