In this article, I argue that focusing on strength alone can lead to poor training decisions, and I break reader hearts by explaining that yes, true progress becomes increasingly difficult the leaner we get and I give guidelines on when that’s likely to be. Dieting, cutting, shredding the fat off…
Training is exercising with intent.
The right training program helps us add muscle and get stronger. The wrong one will lead us to stagnation or injury.
Strength training is also our greatest single asset helping us hold onto muscle when dieting.
Learn how to do that while avoiding injury and wasting time.
- Novice Powerlifting Program
- Novice Bodybuilding Program
- Intermediate Powerlifting Program
- Intermediate Bodybuilding Program
- The Big 3 Routine [For Barbell Beginners]
- Three Day Split RPT [Abbreviated Routine]
- >> How to Choose the Right Training Program [Updated]
- The 5 Training Principles That Matter
- A Guide to Exercise Selection (When You Don't Have Access to a Coach)
- How to Keep Progressing as a Novice and Intermediate Trainee
- What is Realistic Progress When Cutting?
- How to Break Training Plateaus [Decision Tree & Checklist]
- A 6-Step Guide to Building Training Programs
- How to Address Weak Points in Your Lifts
- Implementing RPE in your Training [Email Course]
- How Stress Affects Your Program and Progress
- Why Too Much Cardio Can Hamper Your Physique Goals
- How Much Cardio Should You Do When Cutting?
BROWSE ALL TRAINING GUIDES
In bodybuilding, middle deltoid development is important to make you appear wider and tapered. Due to this, I often see emphasis placed on lateral raise variations and hear the concern that without their inclusion, delt development will lack. While I don’t dispute the importance of lateral raises (you will even…
Everyone starts their journey by taking a pre-built training program and trying it out. I made my first program choice after a three-minute perusal of my local supermarket’s magazine rack. That month’s copy of Men’s Health advertised a program promising 10 pounds of gains in 6 weeks, which was exactly…
A caloric deficit doesn’t have to come entirely from the diet, and you probably guessed that adding some cardiovascular work to expend more energy rather than restricting your energy intake alone, could also be useful. A simple way to estimate energy expenditure during cardio requires you to determine a rating…