Spencer is an American family physician who specializes in helping people with obesity. He helps his patients with lifestyle interventions first, via diet and exercise, before using to his prescription pad wherever possible.
We talk about many topics: why obesity has been recently classified as a disease, why calories in vs calories out is what determines weight loss, but telling someone to eat less and move more doesn’t generally work, how spencer gets buy in from his patients, how certain medicines can cause side effects that hamper weight loss, how to look at and interpret your cholesterol numbers, and the potential dangers of bulletproof coffee.
- Why Spencer puts diet and exercise first. [0’30]
- The reasons why doctors don’t generally put diet and exercise as medicine first. [3’00]
- How Spencer gets ‘buy in’ from patients. [6’30]
- Why obesity has been classified as a disease [10’30]
- “Is it not just about calories in, calories out?” – “Yes but not entirely.” [13’30]
- The importance of controlling your food environment. [19’00]
- “I don’t feel that fixing one habit at a time is the best way for people.” [22’00]
- “The data shows that people who lose weight rapidly in the beginning tend to do the best.” [23’30]
- Is a donut less delicious to some people? [26’00]
- Why Spencer wrote The Fat Loss Prescription [29’00]
- There was no book out there that I could give to my patients.
- Spencer talks about how medicines can cause side effects that hamper weight loss. [34’00]
- In the current system I can’t do what I want to do for my patients. [39’00]
- Cholesterol talk. How to look at and interpret your cholesterol numbers. [41’00]
- Bulletproof coffee and the damage it can cause. [47’00]
- Twitter – Facebook – Instagram
- Spencer’s book, The Fat Loss Prescription on Amazon
- The Fitness Summit in Kansas City
Thank you for listening! – Andy and Spencer
Get The RippedBody.com Starter Kit:
1. Macro calculator
2. 'The Complete Guide To Setting Up Your Diet' book
3. Email course on the 5 biggest set-up mistakes people make.
(Yes, it's all free.)
Find my 'Complete Guide To Setting Up Your Diet' book useful?
↓ Take your physique to the next level ↓
Stop second guessing yourself.
→ 77 pages, Real data from 5 clients guided to shreds