Jordan is 25 but already has an 11-year personal training career under his belt. What’s most impressive to me about Jordan is how relentless he’s been about putting himself in positions where he could intern under some of the best coaches in the world.
What he’s currently doing right now is no exception, except that he’s getting a business education of a lifetime. Jordan is Gary Vaynerchuk’s personal trainer. If you know Gary’s work then you probably have an idea of how intense this is. Jordan is contracted to train him every day, for three years, with no holiday, and gets flown around everywhere he goes.
In this interview, I dig into the details of how Jordan coaches his clients in person and online, and how working with Gary over the last 6 months has influenced his business for the better.
- “I was thrust into the evidence based industry at a very young age. I got my first personal training job at 14 years old.” [3’30]
- “Clients took me seriously because I had two mentors who presented me seriously.” [5’20]
- How Jordan’s thoughts on training and nutrition changed since working with Martin Berkhan at the age of 18. [8’30]
- “That’s what everyone is missing, the patience to stick with a program. That’s all it is.” [10’10]
- How Jordan works with his online coaching clients. [13’00]
- “For me, the best business strategy has been to work off referrals. It forces me to maintain a really high level of coaching.” [16’30]
- The differences Jordan has found with coaching women. [18’30]
- “I won’t let anyone work with me for less than 6 months.” [24’00]
- The crazy story behind how Jordan got to coach Gary Vaynerchuk. [27’10]
- “I train Gary 7 days a week. I travel with him anywhere he goes” [32’10]
- “Basically, the job is 3 years, no vacation. But I’m happy to do it, it’s a huge opportunity.” [34’30]
- How the lessons learned from working with Gary has positively impacted Jordan’s business. [36’00]
- “My job is to give them the action plan as clearly, simply and effectively as I can.” [41’40]
- An insane day in the life of Jordan [42’50]
- “I think people are looking for the easy road when they try and get into the online space.” [46’40]
- Advice for coaches looking to build a business online. [50’00]
- How Jordan got into business coaching. [53’00]
- Jordan’s attempt to fix the resting bitch faces of New York. [59’00]
- Get access to Jordan’s business coaching advice here.
- Get access to Jordan’s lifting videos and training advice here.
- Email Jordan Jordan [AT] syattfitness.com to find out more about his inner circle coaching group.
- The Smile Video
Thank you for listening! – Andy and Jordan
Get The RippedBody.com Starter Kit:
1. Macro calculator
2. 'The Complete Guide To Setting Up Your Diet' book
3. Email course on the 5 biggest set-up mistakes people make.
(Yes, it's all free.)
Find my 'Complete Guide To Setting Up Your Diet' book useful?
↓ Take your physique to the next level ↓
Stop second guessing yourself.
→ 77 pages, Real data from 5 clients guided to shreds