I’d argue that it’s program hopping. We all know someone that does it – they start a new training routine with bounding enthusiasm, give it 2-3 weeks, then read some conflicting information elsewhere and decide that they need to switch things up. This programming ADHD – the search for the…
Training is exercising with intent.
The right training program helps us add muscle and get stronger. The wrong one will lead us to stagnation or injury.
Strength training is also our greatest single asset helping us hold onto muscle when dieting.
Learn how to do that while avoiding injury and wasting time.
- Novice Powerlifting Program
- Novice Bodybuilding Program
- Intermediate Powerlifting Program
- Intermediate Bodybuilding Program
- The Big 3 Routine (for barbell beginners)
- Three Day Split RPT (abbreviated routine)
- >> How to Choose the Right Training Program
- The Training Principles That Matter
- A Guide to Exercise Selection
- How to Keep Progressing
- What is Realistic Progress When Cutting?
- How to Break Training Plateaus
- How to Build Training Programs
- How to Address Weak Points in Your Lifts
- Implementing RPE in your Training (Email Course)
- How Stress Affects Your Program and Progress
- Why Too Much Cardio Can Hamper Your Physique Goals
- How Much Cardio Should You Do When Cutting?
BROWSE ALL TRAINING GUIDES
noun Disease where an individual (usually male) suffers deluded notions that the enormous amounts of weight gained due to purposeful overeating combined with weight training in the winter months is actually mostly muscle, that they can remove the ‘few pounds’ of fat gained with a quick cut in the spring, and…
There are two linear progression training templates introduced on this site, ‘The Big 3 Routine’ and the ‘Three Day Split Routine’. The questions often arise, “Which training program is for me?” or, “When and how should I progress from one to the other?” This article covers the latter question with…
There are fundamental principles that training programs must follow if they are going to be effective. I don’t want you to waste years of your life, as I did, before finding out what really works. This article covers those principles and explains the reasons behind the training recommendations made on this site.…