This is a sample bodybuilding program from our Muscle and Strength Training Pyramid book. The explanation section in the book is fairly detailed, so I have cut it down to give just the overview, relevant notation and exercise selection explanations. This, the Intermediate Powerlifting Program, and the Detailed Guide to…
Training is exercising with intent.
The right training program helps us add muscle and get stronger. The wrong one will lead us to stagnation or injury.
Strength training is also our greatest single asset helping us hold onto muscle when dieting.
Learn how to do that while avoiding injury and wasting time.
- Novice Powerlifting Program
- Novice Bodybuilding Program
- Intermediate Powerlifting Program
- Intermediate Bodybuilding Program
- The Big 3 Routine (for barbell beginners)
- Three Day Split RPT (abbreviated routine)
- >> How to Choose the Right Training Program
- The Training Principles That Matter
- A Guide to Exercise Selection
- How to Keep Progressing
- What is Realistic Progress When Cutting?
- How to Break Training Plateaus
- How to Build Training Programs
- How to Address Weak Points in Your Lifts
- Implementing RPE in your Training (Email Course)
- How Stress Affects Your Program and Progress
- Why Too Much Cardio Can Hamper Your Physique Goals
- How Much Cardio Should You Do When Cutting?
BROWSE ALL TRAINING GUIDES
This is a sample powerlifting program from our Muscle and Strength Pyramid training book. The explanation section there is fairly detailed, so I have cut it down to give just the overview, relevant notation, and exercise selection explanations. This, along with the Intermediate Bodybuilding Sample Program and Detailed Guide to Training Progression…
What follows are the exact initial guidelines on training progression that I give to clients. They are an abbreviated version of the guidelines in The Muscle and Strength Training Pyramid book that I co-authored with Eric Helms and Andrea Valdez. They are exceptionally logical and structured, the antithesis to the approach of…
Cardio is a poor time investment, it’s not necessary for most men to get shredded, it can steal recovery capacity, serve as a distraction, and the level of fitness most people will be happy with for their weekend warrior activities can be achieved by simply getting leaner and stronger. If physique change…
This article ties together the threads that link the training program suggestions on this site. It shows you the big picture: what routine is going to be most suitable for yourself and when, what to expect, and suggestions on when it’s suitable to modify things to chase progress. We start off by filling in the broad strokes that will…