Andrea is a member of the 3D Muscle Journey bodybuilding and powerlifting coaching team. She is a bodybuilder, Grid competitor, and is my co-author on the Muscle and Strength Pyramid books. Today’s conversation covers three main topics:
- Coaching philosophy and building the coach-client relationship.
- The importance of getting “un-lean” after competing when moving into a muscle gain phase.
- How training for another sport has made her a better bodybuilder and may be something worth consideration.
At the end of the podcast, we went a little off topic with Andrea schooling me on how to use Instagram and Snapchat. I hope you enjoy this conversation with the absolute bundle of energy that is… Andrea Valdez! 🙂
- Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. (Here’s the direct RSS feed URL for other players.)
- Listen on Soundcloud.
- Why Andrea believes 3DMJ is one of the best coaching teams in the industry.” [5’30]
- The story of how Andrea brought us together to write The Muscle and Strength Pyramid books came about. [10’00]
- Coaching philosophy and building the coach-client relationship. [16’00]
- “I learned this coaching 10-year-olds and it is the same with adults, but you get to ask the hard questions.” [22’00]
- Why people need to get “un-lean” during the off-season. [30’00]
- Andrea explains her sport, Grid. [40’00]
- Why having another physical hobby has been the best thing for her bodybuilding. [44’00]
- Client selection and the different coaching packages that 3DMJ offer. [52’00]
- Andrea educates Andy on Snapchat and Instagram [58’00]
Thank you for listening! – Andy and Andrea
Get The RippedBody.com Starter Kit:
1. Macro calculator
2. 'The Complete Guide To Setting Up Your Diet' book
3. Email course on the 5 biggest set-up mistakes people make.
(Yes, it's all free.)
Find my 'Complete Guide To Setting Up Your Diet' book useful?
↓ Take your physique to the next level ↓
Stop second guessing yourself.
→ 77 pages, Real data from 5 clients guided to shreds